How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you in ways that may include the following
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, SMS text or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- registering attendance at open homes, private viewings and rental viewings
- in the preparation of Agreements for Sale and Purchase of Real Estate
- by contracting with us or completing application forms
- when completing rental applications ensuring compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- participating in competitions, completing surveys, providing feedback or making a complaint to us
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for and not limited to the following purposes:
- to provide property details and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our properties and services
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes
- to provide your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers;
- to update our records to ensure your contact details are accurate;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority
How does Bayleys Real Estate Southland use my personal information?
We generally use your personal information for the purpose of assisting you with and not limited to property sales and property management services, recruitment and contracting to us. If you provide your details, we will enter your information into our database and use this information to contact you about our services. We may also use information that you provide via one of our competitions, and surveys for research and marketing purposes.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see company contacts details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
What are cookies and does Bayleys Real Estate Southland use them?
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
With whom does Bayleys Real Estate Southland share my information?
Bayleys Real Estate Southland will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or to companies related to or providing services to Bayleys Real Estate Southland.
What is the Bayleys Real Estate Southland policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
You may access personal information that Bayleys Real Estate Southland holds on you by contacting us via phone, post, or email. Your information can be updated, corrected and in some cases deleted at your request at any time. The Privacy Act 2020 places some limits on these rights.
How does Bayleys Real Estate Southland protect my personal information?
As with all information, Bayleys Real Estate Southland will never rent or sell your personal information. As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. While we strive to protect your personal information, we also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Questions regarding this notice should be directed to [email protected]
Resolving privacy complaints
At Bayleys Real Estate Southland, we are committed to providing our customers with great service. If our service doesn't meet your expectation, we want to know. Please direct all enquiries to Bayleys Real Estate Southland through one of the following means:
Bayelys Real Estate Southland
PO Box 1010
Phone: 03 214 5554
Email: [email protected]
In most cases, we expect to be able to resolve your issue or complaint on the spot. If this is not possible, we'll send you a letter to acknowledge your issue or complaint and let you know how long we expect it to take to provide you an answer.
If you are not satisfied with the steps, we take to resolve your issue or complaint or with the result of our investigation, you can seek assistance from an independent external dispute resolution service, which is provided by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.